Thursday, September 19, 2013

You learn something new everyday...I say that all the time...but it still surprises me. I love seeing you grow and mature into such a handsome and intelligent toddler...but I also know you're getting farther and farther from my little tiny baby boy that I held in my arms for hundreds of thousands of hours. Holding you, staring at you, watching you smile in your sleep. I still do that though...just this past weekend Mama laid down with you at nap time just so I could cuddle with you and look at how peaceful you are.  Mama still gets to cuddle with you every night though... That's a guilty pleasure of mine!  It's such a bad habit...but you're only little for so long. So I'll let my arm fall asleep every night, I'll let you wake me up ten times a night with your tossing and turning, your cries because my blanket rubbed your foot, I'll let my entire body hurt each morning because I was sleeping funny but didn't want to wake you. It's worth that snuggle time. 

You have started saying a lot of new words... "Keys" was one you learned tonight while looking at your picture book.  Some of your other new words are grapes, gold (for goldfish) tall (for giraffe, so adorable) hot, cold, shoes, hotdog (you scream that every time Mickey Mouse comes on; Mickey does a Hotdog Dance that you absolutely love.) You say zoo, circle, star, angle (triangle) blue, and tons more. I just wanted to tell you a few!!!  You just make us so proud! 

Things are going good at daycare; I think being back there has helped you start eating A LITTLE better... Not much, but some. She says you eat great with her and we are starting to make progress at home. You loooove fruits, FINALLY!  Bananas are your absolute favorite but you also like blueberries, grapes, and strawberries.  You won't touch vegetables...but YAY for fruits!!!!  

You have started singing a lot ; you song "A, A, A, Teeee" when we sing your ABC's, you love to dance... And you absolutely love doing anything that makes you feel independent. You love helping with anything we will let you help with and you just really feel like a big boy afterwards!  You also love leading a parade... We stand behind you and we all march and sing a song. You turn around and check on Daddy and me to make sure we are still matching... You lead us all through the house.

Your best friends are still your girls... I love watching you with them. It's also so neat to see how gentle you are with Baby KamKam.  You give her so many hugs and so many kisses and just have a completely different demeanor with her.  You're just so gentle!!!  We were at a cook out with Baby Malachi and you swatted him on the head... Haha. Thank goodness Crystal didn't get upset!  I told you to be nice and you got mad when I wouldn't let you hit him again so you slapped the coffee table instead. Haha... Thank goodness you're an only child!  You ornery little boy. I wonder why you're so fantastic with Kam and so mad Mama was holding Malachi.  

That's all for now my baby boy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment