Saturday, September 3, 2016

Pre-k

You returned to preschool this week - this will be your last year before you start kindergarten. I'm really having a hard time with it - I know my time if snuggles and cuddles will come to a close. I know that my days of holding you and carrying you around are limited - I am literally in tears as I write this. I never understood why my mom was so sappy and enotional when she talked about us growing up, and you won't understand until you have children....but it is really hard to let go. Yes, you're only four...but you'll never be this small again! 

Your teacher's name is Mrs. Voight - She seems to be really great and you said she's "so funny."  You go during the mornings on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's. They said they're really focusing on getting you prepared for kindergarten so you'll be focusing on letters. Numbers, days of the week, etc. I have such anxiety when it comes to those things because I do not want to fail you as a Mama, I don't want to not teach you things and have you start school behind. You are so smart though and I know that you'll do great...its just something else you'll understand once you have kids. You worry about EVERYTHING! I try to enforce school time at home but conveniently you're always "too sleepy" or tell me you can't move off the couch because you're "stuck in glue." Little stinker. 

You have one of your best buddies Elias in your class again this year. You had him in class last year and played baseball with him this summer. You were so nervous at your Sneak Peek- you wouldn't let me put you down at all- you had your arms and legs wrapped around me like a little monkey. However, when Elias got there you were excited and started to feel more comfortable. We played in your classroom, went and had a snack, and then played on the playground. There was a younger boy running around (maybe 2 or 3?) and you and Elias created a game that he was chasing you guys (he wasn't...ha) so you stood and yelled "come get me, you stinky baby!" His mama said "his name is Alex..." Mama was mortified! We had to have a little talk about what is nice and what is not nice to say to people! Haha. All in all, the sneak peek was good! You wee sad to hear that your other best buddy, Liam was placed in another class. I hope you get to see him sometimes on the playground because you three really enjoy each other. 

In fact, that's where we were tonight. Liam's parents had us over for fishing and smores. You had so much fun!!! Typically you don't like to fish (we were actually fishing this afternoon too- Uncle Dave surprised us and came in town!) however, you loved fishing with your buddies. The three of you ran, wrestled, giggled, laughed,and  ran some 
more! Liam's daddy took you all on a four wheeler ride - I kept having o remind myself to not panic and freak out since the other mama's were allowing their son to go...I'm just so crazy protective. The whole time you were riding around with him, I was watching you like a hawk... In fact, I don't think I actually breathed until we were in the car on the way home. It was such a fun night but I was worried about the pond, the bonfire, the four wheeler, etc etc. come on mama! Let go a little!!!! 

You are absolutely obsessed with Bolt (a three time Jamaican Olympic gold medalist for track  - the fastest man in the world!) We watched all of his Olympic races - you call yourself Tiny Bolt. We have had to run up and down the yard racing you a million times- of course you win and of course we interview you afterwards. "Bolt! You win again!!! How do you run so fast?!?" "Well I'm
A slow starter but I have rockets in my feet and you just can't beat bolt!" "Bolt! Are you going to hug or kiss anyone after you won your gold medal?" "Yes! My mama and daddy! I'm ready to race again!" Soooo we race again, and again, and again! ;)
You told me "mama, when u get big....I'm going to wear that green and red outfit like bolt(his Jamaican Olympic 
uniform) and I'm going to run with bolt! 
"So we have to move to Jamaican then!"
"Yes, want to come with me mama?"
"Sure! I'll come run with you and bolt!"
Hesitation...."ummm mama, you're not that fast. You can't run with bolt - you run like this..." (Proceeds to run in slow motion) "but you can watch me!" 
Thanks Lathan. 
We had to take his picture out of the sports illustrated magazine that grandma bye gave you and tape it up on your bedroom wall. Your first poster! As much as you love running...it doesn't surprise me that's your current little hero! 

The other day we pulled into the grocery store and there were a few people outside standing by their cars talking ... Uh very seriously said "what are those weirdos doing?!?" Oh Lathan...another time we had to talk about saying nice things (after I secretly died laughing inside.)

Kambree started at your daycare a few weeks a go - she is there three days a week. I think you love getting to play with her at Namcy'shouse! 

Your favorite color is blue - favorite food is pizza- you loooove grape juice and chocolate milk. It's torture trying to get you to eat anything of any sort of nutritional value...you choke down baby carrots and corn but very very rarely. You always tell me "no! Vegetables aren't good for me! They make me gag!!!" You told me your favorite book is Pete The Cat. Movies: you love Big Hero 
6 movie, Space Ham, Angry Birds. You still love Mickey Mouse, anything superhero, and anything dinosaur (T-Rexis your favorite.) song: Fall out boy - Immortals (song from big hero 6)
Best friends: Kendalyn, Kassidy, kambree, Elias, and Liam (and mama and daddy of course!!!!) 
Loooooves hot wheels cars!!!! You line them
All up, race them, crash them, hide them...you're just all boy! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment