Friday, July 8, 2011

Eleven Weeks!

"This marks a turning point for your baby - the task of developing new bodily structures is nearing an end as mnost of your baby's systems are fully formed!  Now comes the mainetnance phase...during which your fetus' systems continue to mature for the next 28 weeks and the organs get to work.  Your baby weighs half an ounce now and is the size of a PLUM! Your baby has more then doubled in size in the last three weeks!"

"As you near the end of your first trimester...your uterus, now about the size of a large grapefuit begins to migrate from the bottom of your pelvis to a front-and-center position in your abdomen.  This should bring an end to the urge to urinate! Also some of those other pesky pregnancy symptoms should begin to diminish as well."

Our appointment was Tuesday and we heard the baby's heartbeat!! It was AMAZING!!!  Lance and my mom were there and it was the cutest and the most exciting thing ever... it was 150 bpm.  I was so scared that we wouldn't be able to hear it or that we would get bad news of some sort but it was an amazing appointment.  Lance was so so so so excited...he couldn't stop smiling!  I definitely am showing more and more...but I'm feeling better and better.  I have had an almost perfect first trimester...sure, there's been times when my belly has been slightly upset and I've been really really tired but I have had NO morning sickness.  I haven't had to hug the toilet bowl once! :)  I haven't had too many cravings yet... I've craved a lot of Mexican food so far but I did that before the pregnancy so I can't really call it a "craving." haha.  Only two more weeks of the first trimester.... I can't believe how fast it has flown by!  It seems just like yesterday I took the test and Lance told me he felt like "puking."  haha... now he's rubbing my belly all the time, reading "What to Expect when you're Expecting!"  (I've caught him reading it and quoting it several times...haha) so he's very  excited to be a dad.

Things are just perfect right now.  I can't wait until my belly is HUGE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment