Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ten Weeks Two Days!

"This week your baby is officially developed enough to be called a fetus!  The good news is the most critical part of your baby's organ system development is over - your baby will grow very rapidly and will double in size by next week!  Right now it's .25 ounce and is the size of a lime! On your baby's head, the ears are forming and the reproductive organs are becoming more distinguished!"

"Inside your body, your uterus is starting to get to be too big to fit into your pelvic area and will begin to rise up into your abdomen over the next few weeks! Your abdomen is starting to protrude a bit now and your jeans are getting harder and harder to button without a struggle!"

I DEFINITELY have a baby bump... it looks more like I have spent a few too many days at all you can eat buffet's but I know that's not the case.  I find myself rubbing my belly more and more and I absolutely love when Lance does that.  We will be laying in bed and he will just rest his hand on my belly and it seriously makes me smile.  Our first appointment is Tuesday and I'm hoping and praying that everything is ok...my biggest fear is that we will go and find out that the baby stopped growing or it won't have a heartbeat.  I still very much feel pregnant so I'm hoping we get good news... I can barely keep my eyes open somedays from pregnancy fatigue and my belly will get upset or cramp every so often to remind me that I'm carrying Baby Collins in there! :) It's the most amazing feeling ever knowing that Lance and I have started a life together..I love him so much and I am so happy that I am carrying his baby inside of me....a baby formed out of love.  He is SO protective right now...he freaks out anytime I have a cramp.  He's been amazing to me through all of this...he takes such good care of me.  Nights when I get off work too late he will cook dinner and just have me rest or some days he wakes up early and makes me breakfast to surprise me so I have something good to eat before I go to work.  He gives me plenty of foot massages and back rubs because he knows after an 11 hour work day I am just down-right EXHAUSTED!  I am so happy to be with him!  :)

Tomorrow we are having the 4th of July celebration at our house... we went and bought some fun decorations for it and the family is coming over to cook out and shoot off fireworks and swim!  It will just be a great afternoon... the last two 4th's have been really sad so I'm hoping this year is better.  Two years a go my mom was admitted to the hospital the 2nd of July for pulmonary embolism's and that was the start of her cancer recurrence...when she was there she told them she had a pain in her groin and they did a scan to see if she had a clot in her femoral artery - as it turns out it was actually a bone lesion.  We spent most of the 4th in the hospital room with her.  Last year my Grandpa was admitted for what they thought was the same thing.... that was the start of his downfall as well.  They weren't blood clots in his lungs, his lungs were actually filling up with fluid from cancer cells trying to invade his lungs.  He had several chest tubes, procedures done to drain and seal his lungs, he had several hospital stays until his final one the end of October which turned into the Hospice House.  I remember watching the fireworks last year and bawling my eyes out the entire time... I knew my Grandpa wasn't doing well.  I didn't know that was going to be his last one though... :(  Man, I still miss him like crazy.

My mom starts radiation on her Sacrum on Friday... I'm hoping and praying for some pain relief for her with minimal side effects.  She deserves to get a break! 

Well on that note... I'll blog after our appointment on Tuesday!  Fingers crossed for a good appointment.  Bets on whether or not Lance will cry when we hear the heartbeat!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment