Saturday, May 21, 2011

Drum Roll Please....

SO....I took a test this morning and it came out POSITIVE!!!  Lance and I are going to have a baby!!! :)

There was a part of me that sort of knew before I took the test...I had drank a few glasses of wine last weekend and I was SO sick afterwards...I know that is what happens very early into your pregnancy.  So I was kind of thinking it was a possibility but I didn't want to just assume anything.  My cycle should have came yesterday and it didn't, so I just thought "what the heck...let's just take a test and see."  AND....here we are!!! :)  Lance has no idea yet....No one does!! I had to come to work and didn't see him so I am trying to think of the right time and place to tell him.  I hope he is excited.  I'm not sure exactly how I feel...I sort of mixed emotions.  This is what I have been wanting for a while...to be a mom....but I know that my entire life is going to change forever!  It will no longer be what I want & when I want it...my child will have to come first.  There's also all of those fears....what if something happens?  Do I want to have to go through a miscarriage...physically and emotionally I know how hard they can be on women.  I am sure these are all natural fears that all women think as soon as they find out they are pregnant... I just feel so great knowing that we have started a life together.  I just pray that everything is fine with he or she and we have a healthy baby come January 30th, 2012.  (My estimated due date according to the computer...)  I am only about four weeks pregnant right now so I will not tell too many people...SO much can happen in this first trimester that I don't want to have to explain to everyone if something happens. 

I hope my family is happy and supportive....Lance and I had a rough first year but I know that we are great together!  We have our flaws and we have our fair share of arguments and disagreements but we have just grown so much as a couple and I know that we will be great parents.  I hope everyone is happy for us...including his family, (even though I know they won't be....but wishful thinking.)

I can't wait to tell him!  I'm sure at first he will look like he's going to puke...HAHA but I know once the initial reaction passes he will be very excited to be a future father.  Wow.  CRAZY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment