Sunday, October 30, 2011

Just a few days away from the third!!!


This picture was taken a few weeks a go but holy cow!  He's really showing himself these days... I remember thinking "I can't wait until I'm REALLY showing..." and that time has definitely arrived!  I'll be standing up and Lance will come in and sort of giggle to himself about how much my belly has popped out over the last few weeks... I love my baby bump.  Yeah, it makes life pretty difficult these days but I know he's inside me growing and my belly has to grow with him.  Lance just has to listen to my moans and groans when I try to bend over, tie my shoes, cross my legs, etc. etc.  Haha. This is my last week of my second trimester and things have remained pretty great.... the bigger little man has gotten the more he's hurting my pelvis and my sciatic nerve but all those pains are definitely worth it.  It's mainly my left leg that has the most troubles... sometimes it feels like it is just a complete dead leg and I have to lift it up to cross it and move it, other days it's completely fine.... after a long day at work though nothing sounds better then stretching out on the couch with my feet up.  I have thirteen weeks left and I know as he gets bigger the pains will get worse and worse... I can only imagine how much fun these next three months will be...but come January 2012 we will have this beautiful baby that I was blessed enough to carry around in my body for nine months and all the aches and pains will be forgotten.

Lance and I can feel him moving ALL THE TIME!  He's an active little guy...and I'm thinking he must be pretty long because I will feel him at every corner of my belly at once...so he must be kicking and punching like crazy in there.  Sometimes I'll be laying on the couch and Lance can see him kick through my shirt...I absolutely love it!  I'll never forget the look on Lance's face the first time he felt him kick on his own...it was two weeks a go and we were laying in bed and I told him to just try and see...and little man gave his daddy a HUGE kick and Lance has never looked happier.  Now we feel him all the time... I just absolutely can't wait to meet him!!!  Kendalyn and Kassidy make me lay down every time I see them to see if they can feel him move and every single time he freezes up and won't do anything... they have tried singing to him, yelling at him (haha) and just talking.  They're so stinkin' cute...I hope they get to feel him move soon.  Kassidy always yells at him to COME OUT BABY!!  She doesn't quite understand... They have named his TreeBranch Spider.  HAHA!  It's amazing what little kids come up with. 


I got my flu shot this past week to protect me and him and my next appointment is this Wedensday...That will be the infamous glucose test...yuck.  I know it's necessary but I'm not looking forward to drinking that gross drink to see how my body metabolizes sugar... I'm pretty sure I don't have diabetes due to my average weight gain and all my UA's have never had any glucose in my urine.  At my last appointment I had gained nine pounds but I'll be interested in seeing this week.  I know it's the third trimester where most of the weight gain happens and my appetite has definitely spiked... I know why too!  He's so strong in there now he's requiring a lot more food so he can kick and punch me! haha.  Right now he's jumpin' and jiving in there like crazy... :) 


A different note..Lance had waited 20 weeks to tell his family about the baby because he figured there would be some sort of drama once we told them...the week after we told them his brother and his new wife...(of one week....) decided they wanted to start trying too and they announced to his parents last week they were five weeks along.  I'm not going to get into anything negative on my happy blog but I will just say that's awfully convenient timing if you ask me.  Oh well though, I have my handsome husband and this beautiful baby boy who I just know will be perfect...my life is complete! :)  No need for immaturity or competition like the rest of them.  I wish them the happiest pregnancy just like it has been for Lance and I.


My mom has been having a pretty difficult time with her chemotherapy...she hasn't been able to eat anything and she has a lot of cramps in her stomach and chest.  She just keeps going though..week after week she goes for her infusions knowing what that will mean for her...this is her week off from chemo so hopefully she gets a break and can enjoy Halloween and everything.  Love you mom!!  I am so glad that Lance and I have this baby boy on his way to bring some happiness into the family because it's about time something good happens and I know my parents couldn't be anymore excited...gives them something happy to look forward to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment