Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ten Weeks Left!!!

I can not believe that I will be thirty weeks on Friday! The time has seriously flown by...I am so extremely thankful for this wonderful baby that Lance and I have been lucky enough to be blessed with...it just still is do surreal there's a little man growing inside me! But then I look in the mirror and see this HUGE belly and I quickly remember he's really in there! Also, every time he kicks and punches me is obviously a reminder as well...and boy oh boy does he do it a lot! I absolutely love it though...we were so afraid we weren't going to be able to feel him because of my placenta, but we get to feel him all the time. It's amazing! Lance is always rubbing my belly and talking to him...he's already such a wonderful daddy. I couldn't be any more thankful to have him be mine for the rest of my life...he's been great to me...I know, I know...gag me! :)

The last few weeks haven't been as easy as the first 28...as baby boy continues to grow, my pelvis and back are really feeling it. In fact, I have a heating pad on my back right now... I know it just means he is thriving in there like he's supposed to but I'm more then ready to walk without the waddle or just feel comfortable in general! I'm sure I'll miss those amazing kicks and the feeling of carrying a child once he's out though...I guess I just love complaining. But I'm for sure feeling pregnant...Braxton Hicks and all!!

I took my glucose test and thankfully passed so no gestational diabetes! I've gained 15 pounds so far and the doctor said everything still looks great! Lance and I had maternity photos last weekend and hopefully we get them soon...I am SO excited to see them all!! We have three baby showers planned... Pretty much with the holidays and everything coming up, we are going to be super busy and baby Lathan will be here before we know it. (We are pretty sure that's what his name will be... We love it!)

My brother has an interview the end of November at KU-Med! I sure hope he gets accepted into medical school...the boy is so smart and would make such a good doctor...he just needs to be acknowledged for all his hard work and given the chance to prove it!

Lance has an interview at GE (General Electric) today over his lunch hour...the pay and benefits are a lot better...the only thing is it would start out as second shift. :( I would miss him like crazy every night but the reality is it would be the smartest thing for us because we wouldn't need to put little man in daycare. He is just going to feel the guy out about insurance and stuff and go from there...if there's a probationary period for me on his insurance then he can't take it. We are too close to the end for that! It's about time something good happens for Lance too!

My mom has one more week of chemo left and then her scans are the first of December. She has not had the easiest time with this round of chemo...she has been pretty nauseated and tired. I pray constantly for good results...we all need her to be ok!

The holidays are getting closer and it's really making me think of last year... Spending each night at Hospice. What a sad, sad time. This year Lance is doing anything he can to make sure the holidays are good...but I still can't help and feel down. I still miss you like crazy Grandpa. Love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment