Sunday, December 4, 2011

Showers, Scans, and Sadness....

We had our first baby shower yesterday...my in laws planned it and it actually went really well. I will be honest...I was a nervous wreck given the history with them but everyone was on their best behavior and they threw a beautiful shower. It made me very happy for Lance because they haven't treated him the best and for once...he was in the spot light and our baby was the focus of everyone. I am very happy for him. We got A LOT of stuff!!! I just spent about an hour cutting all the tags off all his new clothes...he is going to have so much by the time he gets here! Who knows where we will put it all... :) Next weekend we have one with my family so I'm super excited for that one! :)

Thursday was the one year of my Grandpa's passing....we survived it. It definitely made me sad and feel all that sadness from the worst day of my life but I know he's always watching me. That doesn't make the pain any easier but I know he's with me all the time.

My mom's scans came back stable! They haven't gotten any better but they haven't gotten any worst...so we will definitely take it! :) I am so thankful God heard all our prayers and gave her some peace of mind for everything coming up...I just wanted her to enjoy my baby showers, David's graduation, the holidays, David's graduation party, and the birth of her first grandson! There's so much excitement over the next few months...I'm so thankful for the scan results! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment