Sunday, November 25, 2012

Your First Holidays!

Hi love!!!

You had your first Thanksgiving!!! We went to your Great Grandma Pat's house and ate lunch there... There is always so much food - it's impossible to not leave miserable. You just had baby food and then we gave you some jello with mashed marshmallows Stephen made. You loves it. Afterwards, we went to GG's and just visited. Everyone absolutely loves to shower you with attention and lots of hugs and kisses! It was a great day! Ma was feeling good, Uncle Dave was in town for the weekend...it was just as perfect as it gets! Even the weather! 70 degrees!!! Mama and you went out and shopped Friday morning around ten! I just wanted to get you a Fisher Price basketball hoop and I figured the Black Friday craziness would be over by then. Daddy was working so we just hung out all day...we shopped, met David and Sheena for lunch, and then just relaxed at home! The rest of the weekend was spent Christmas decorating! We did Ma and Poppy's tree... It is so incredibly wonderful Ma is doing as great as she is doing! I thank God everyday that we get to spend Christmas as a family and I hope and pray there will be plenty more after this. I pray this chemo is our miracle!!! We decorated our house today...in a Lathan-proof fashion! :) Ornaments half way up the tree, garland places out of reach, no glass ANYTHING anywhere you can reach it. It still looks great. Our Christmas lights light up the entire block....none of our neighbors put up lights so we really stand out. I love it though. So do you!!! You are in such awe of everything...you just stare out the window at the lights, you run up to the tree and "pat" it, you love the Santa window clings, etc etc. You're just so much fun!!!

Your back molars have popped through. You continue to drool like crazy though... Everything goes in your mouth. I am not sure when you will walk; you love crawling a lot and crawl super fast! I'm not sure if you are going to give it up anytime soon. Four nights in a row you have slept all night!!! (You're currently fighting sleep though so we will see if that streak continues tonight.) Once we have mastered that, we will work on your crib. Mama really would like her own pillow back!!! You won't even think about sleeping in your own bed though, you just want to cuddle with us...and boy do you cuddle!!! As much as I love it and I love you...it would be nice to have you sleep in your own bed.

I've had four days off with you and I am already getting depressed about going back to work. I hate working and sending you to daycare. I miss you all day and I think about you all the time - I wonder what you're doing, if they're being nice to you, if they're giving you the love and attention that you deserve. I would do anything to stay home with you everyday. I cherish all my nights and weekends with you and envy every mother that gets to stay home with their bundles of joy.

I love you Lathan Rush!











No comments:

Post a Comment