Thursday, December 3, 2015

Winter is here! Not officially - that is not for a few weeks - but the winter cold has certainly arrived. 

Daddy and Poppy went on a hunting trip a few weeks back - we had a fun weekend just the two of us. We spent a lot of time with your girls and a lot of time lounging around together. Also, while he was gone - we celebrated Kassidy's birthday party with her friends at the skating rink! Daddy was upset that he was going to miss your first time skating - and I will be honest...he certainly missed something special. I find myself thinking of you on that day and I still cannot help but smile to myself. You had the time of your life. You spent most of your time chasing Uncle Ezra and Kambree around - you sure love them. You had on little fisher price skates and the skating rink has little "walkers" that are to help little one's skate - they are just made of PVC pipe but they worked wonders for you. You skated your little heart out - I have this image of you "skating" around and dancing to the music - it was obvious that you felt like such a big kid out there. It makes me smile but it certainly makes me sad to think about - time has really gone by too fast. I cannot believe you will be four next month - it just truly feels impossible. Anyhow, back to our solo weekend.. Another thing you really enjoyed was baking! Mommy and you decided to surprise Daddy and make him his favorite cookies. You are at the age where you just love to help so you helped with every single step and we ate a lot of the dough in the process... You could not have been more excited to give Daddy his Resses peanut butter cup cookies though as soon as he got home. 

We celebrated Thanksgiving with the whole family - you (of course) helped Mama make a peanut butter pie and Daddy and Mama made the other dishes. Might I say, we brought baked corn and macaroni and cheese and everyone raved about them - we gave ourselves the "Best dishes of the day award." Ha. Naturally, you did not eat anything at all but a Lunchable...but there was SO much food there. We had it at Auntie and Uncle Ezra's house. 

You continue to thrive in preschool. We catch you singing songs that you have obvioulsy learned there - we love listening to you and watching you learn and grow so much in such a short amount of time. I love going through your backpack when you get home so you can proudly show us all of the artwork that has been sent home for the day. You do so many crafts there!! I had to buy a three drawer storage bin that will be used for all of your artwork. I am just a hoarder and want to keep EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING you do is just too perfect and too cute! I want it all! Your last day of preschool for this semester is the 17th and that will be the day of your Christmas Program - I am so excited. I have always gone to Kendalyn and Kassidy's programs and finally I get to see my little man up there! 

We have been going to church a lot - Mama is serving communion and I now help teach Sunday School. It has always been so important to me for you to be an active part of the church so Mama is really trying to encourage that. You have been doing fantastic in Sunday School, you run right up to the front of the church for "Children's Moment" and you happily go up to "Worship and Wonder" during church. The church program for our church is this Sunday - it is the 50th anniversary of the "Peanuts" movie so that is the theme for the program - I am interested in seeing how you participate in that ;) 

We decorated for Christmas this past weekend. Christmas is a hard time for Mama - I just miss my Mama so much, I miss my Grandpa so much. As I have told you so many times - YOU make my world happy again. YOU make my Christmas special. Every time I look into your eyes as you see Christmas lights or you help decorate the tree - I see the magic of Christmas. It is just so special. You loved helping Daddy put the Christmas tree up and then we put all the ornaments on it. I showed you the ornaments that Ma bought you - she bought you two "First Christmas" ornaments and I told you that. After you saw your first christmas ornaments - you could not stop talking about how this was your first christmas and you were just so excited for it. Ha - so you misunderstood a little bit but you were certainly a blast. We put out our christmas houses, set out our christmas calendar, and put out tons of decorations everywhere! We have so many decorations that we actually had to put a christmas tree in the restroom...Mama might buy a lot of stuff...again, I say...I am a hoarder.

With the christmas decorations came your new friend DUSTY!!! One day we woke up and found the elf on the shelf book - we read the book which explained that an elf might be coming and that he or she would be Santa's little helper. The book explained that he would report to Santa if you were bad. Your rseponse was "I dont want that elf here... I want to be bad!" Well...you did not get your way because the next day we found the ELF! He had toilet papered our living room - that ornery little elf. You laughed and laughed and named him Dusty! You explained to Mama and Daddy that you could not touch the elf because it would make his magic disappear. Christmas will be so much fun again this year - every year you get more and more excited about it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment