Monday, February 6, 2012

Fifteen Days of Love!

Fifteen days a go your daddy and I's entire worlds changed! I honestly had no idea how much of an impact you would make on everyone in such a short amount of time! Lathan, you are amazing. Deciding to start a family was definitely the best decision of my life and I have already forgotten what life was like without you! You have made me a better person in two short weeks...I want to do any and everything for you and I want to strive to be the best mama and person in general as a role model for you!


You have been the perfect baby since we have brought you home...you love to sleep and eat! We were prepared to not get any sleep but you only wake us up one time in the middle of the night...and sometimes you don't even do that - We have to wake you up instead. Lance and I make a great team...I nurse, he burps and changes you....then the three of us go back to sleep. Even though you are such an easy baby, I still could not do it without him. The only time you cry is when you are hungry...you pretty much just go with the flow and are so content all the time! Although, when you're hungry...you let us know!! Your lungs definitely work...I think you like how they sound too because you do not hold back! Patience is not your strong point. :) When you wake up hungry, you're ready to eat that very second! You are still full of facial expressions that just absolutely crack us up... Yesterday morning you were having a dream about nursing (you were doing the sucking motion) and you'd just stop and give the biggest open mouth grin! It was so cute!!! You are always smiling and smirking in your sleep! Sometimes you even let out a little giggle...Your favorite face to make when you're awake is your infamous "sexy boy" Zoolander face.


Right now your daddy is at a basketball game so that gives me and you extra special snuggle time! You're curled up in my arms right now smiling away in your sleep. :) Don't tell your daddy...but I think you're a mama's boy already... Or at least I'm going to keep telling myself that! Lance made himself the designated diaper changer and it is almost like you know that...as soon as he starts holding you, you always have a bowel movement. We both just laugh...sometimes he will change you and just finish buttoning your clothes and you'll do it again. You usually smirk afterwards like you're pretty darn proud of yourself!


Your "ma" watched you today so we could sneak away to lunch...it was really nice to have a few minutes alone together. The whole time we were gone though we were wondering how you were doing...it really felt different not having you with us....you've already made your imprint so deep in our lives. You were perfect though when we were gone... My mom said you're the best little baby to babysit!


You were laying on your daddy's chest last night and raised your head up all by yourself! You're going to be a strong little guy!! Also, your umbilical cord fell off yesterday morning! Since that happened, you had your first real bath today... So many milestones already!!! We really did not know what we were doing so it took a little longer then it probably should have...you were awfully cold afterwards, thanks for being so patient with your crazy parents!!


Kendalyn and Kassidy absolutely adore you...along with EVERYONE else! They love to sing to you and every time they do you crack your little eye open to check them out. I think you'll just love them when you're big enough to play with them! My mom loves to hold you and cuddle you...it makes me so happy to see the happiness you bring to everyone...but especially her. She truly is my best friend and I'm glad she's so brave and fights so hard and so strong because I really need her to feel better both physically and emotionally...and you definitely have helped bring smiles to her face. Heck, you've brought smiles to every one's faces! Even the doggies love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment