Sunday, February 26, 2012

Well last night was our big night out! Lance had bought me George Strait tickets for Christmas and I had been counting down the days to see the King of Country!!! Let me back up for a minute....

Well Friday we took Lathan to my job to show him off; we had brought cup cakes as a thank you for the shower gift. On our way home from Lawrence, I called my mom to see if we were still going to see a movie with my sister and the girls - Rebecca was taking her in to the hospital. I guess she went to have her I&R checked that morning to see how thin or thick her blood was and they caught her heart was in irregular rhythm. They told her to come back and get it looked at - when I called her, that was where they were headed. It turned out her heart rate was way too fast, she was super dehydrated, her hemoglobin was way too low, and she had a severe kidney infection so they admitted her. The plan was to give her lots of fluids and a blood transfusion. It broke my heart because that was one more thing she had to deal with but I knew she would feel amazing when it was all said and done. They kept her all weekend and she's finally home. She said she feels so much better and that could not make me any happier!

Well...our babysitter was my parents but obviously that was not going to work with my mom being in the hospital and I just felt horrible leaving to go to a concert and being a burden to those who wanted to be with my mom. I called my mom crying because of how stressed out I was with her being there and everything- i hate her being sick and getting a blood transfusion is a huge deal. I almost just cancelled going...After long debates...we decided my dad and Rebecca would split the evening so we could still go. I was a nervous wreck!!! I called my dad twice within ten minutes of leaving just to make sure everything was still good.. I missed the little guy immediately. We made it to Kansas City and listened to Martina McBride...she has such an amazing voice but she's no George. I was so ready for him to come out! I checked on Lathan - Rebecca said he was great! So we relaxed and waited! He came out and sang two songs and then announced he couldn't go on...he was too sick.

Are you freaking kidding me???

I can not even explain how devastated we were! He announced he will reschedule for next weekend but it was so hard leaving Lathan once! Who knows if I can do it the following weekend!

Soooo...mommy and daddy's first night away was a BUST!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment