Sunday, March 4, 2012

Life is still pretty darn good! :)


Due to George Strait canceling his concert last week, we went back on Saturday as a second attempt...I am very glad we did - absolutely AMAZING!!! He was the one country singer I felt like I needed to see and I am so happy I was able to! Thank you to my wonderful husband for buying us those tickets as my Christmas gift; We had a wonderful time! I just really enjoy my time with Lance in general- I am truly married to my best friend. He treats me like a queen and I could not be any happier with someone- he is my one and only true love...no doubts about that! Also, a HUGE thank you to my parents for watching Lathan so we could actually see George Strait...since the weekend before was such a bust. I received a great report about Lathan though, they said he was a perfect baby! I really missed him, I can not even imagine what I am going to feel like when I have to go back to work. I just wish I could be the one that raises him 24/7 but I know it is not possible. My job has helped to financially get us where we are today; We live within our current means but we could not maintain that lifestyle on one income. So I will remain working and just treasure every moment I have not at work. It helps knowing Lathan will be with family and not in a daycare with a bunch of sick kids... He will be in good hands.


On a different note, I talked to Lance about going back to church...it is very important to me that Lathan is raised a Christian. I was extremely active in my church until recent years; I was born into West Side Christian church. I was blessed as a baby, baptized when I was 11, went to youth group, church camp each summer, etc etc. We sang church songs growing up, prayed before every meal... Christianity was just a very large part of my life. I turned away from the church the past few years because I did not feel any comfort or peace from the pastor... He really disappointed and hurt my family when my grandpa was sick and I just felt really let down by him. I sat in the front row for my Grandpa's funeral...and just never went back. I prayed all the time, I thanked God for blessings, prayed for miracles... But just did not partake in church. After a long battle and Pastor Matt's admittance to alcoholism, he stepped down as minister. I now feel that it is time to give West Side another chance. I miss my church family and I want Lathan to have the same experiences I did. Religion is very important to me and Lance is very supportive of it - we definitely plan to have Lathan blessed there within the next few months! :)


Today was my six week check up with Dr Tepley - Everything looks great! I am seven pounds away from pre-Lathan weight (but like 30 away until I am happy with myself) and I was cleared to do all regular activities! Exercising, Baths, and I do not even need to put Lance's favorite activity we can now do. Life is getting back to normal now with just a little something extra...Lathan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment