Thursday, March 15, 2012

Two Month Check-Up

Well little fella, today was your two month check up. You are not two months until the 22nd (obviously) but we did it a week early so I could be there and not be at work. Lance could not get off work on time to make it, so your "Ma" came as support for me...I think the shots were harder on me then they were on you! You definitely cried but I nursed you right away and you immediately calmed down; every so often, you would stop eating to talk and whine as if you were telling me all about it. It was so cute. You are a very tough little baby but it's still heartbreaking knowing that you were going to hurt. You are so healthy though and you have grown so much! You are 23 1/2 inches long (20 3/4 at birth) and 10 lbs 10 oz (7 lbs at birth.) Needless to say... You are so big!!!! You are in the 79th percentile for height and 30th percentile for weight - long and skinny just like your daddy!  You sure didn't get your momma's short stubby little butt!  I just absolutely adore you more and more each day.  It just absolutely crushes me when I think about having to go back to work on Monday...I just absolutely LOVE spending my days with you but I know that I will just treasure every night and weekend I have with you even more. 

You are such a vocal little baby - you just babble and talk all the time.  I could listen to it for hours and hours (except at 4 in the morning...and sometimes you sure want to talk then!)  When you get really excited you just start talking and get those little legs kicking as fast as they can go... you must have always been excited when you were in my belly!  I ALWAYS felt you kicking!!! 

You have been only waking up about once in the middle of the night to nurse...we have gotten a pretty good schedule down but that will all change next week when I go back to work.  My days will start at about 5:30 - YUCK!

You are such a chunk my arms and back always hurt from carrying your carseat around by myself...I sure miss your daddy's muscles when he is at work!  We do not go too many places though...I am still so worried about you getting sick that I do not venture too far from home with you. I am going to be such a crazy mom, I can already tell! You poor thing! :)

Rebecca and the girls walked over today and she was changing your diaper and you were just laughing at her hair! It was really curly and in a high ponytail from her walk. She said you were giving her a complex! Haha! Your daddy took the girls outside to play hide and seek and basketball so Rebecca and I took you out for your first time too! It was eighty degrees and beautiful...you loved it! The day before I took you out to get the mail but you did not like the sun...but today you enjoyed the outdoors and watched the girls run and play! You are going to have a blast when you get older!

You still love to cuddle with your momma. You pull your little legs up in a ball and just sleep so peacefully; it is so hard to ever put you down. I could hold you forever!! You still smile and laugh in your sleep all the time - you also SNORE! You snore so loud...it sounds like a grown man. You also pass gas like an old man...several times in public you have passes gas and went to the bathroom and it is so loud everyone turns around and stares. Of course, when they see it was you they think it's funny! That'll embarrass you reading this when you're older! :)

In my last post, I tearfully wrote about my fears and concerns about my mother - your "ma" - but my spirits have been drastically lifted over the past week.  The past two weeks she had pretty much confined herself to the house, she didn't want to drive anymore, she had stopped eating, and she could barely walk without almost complete support from my dad - your "poppy."  I am not sure what has changed but it is like night and day.  She has spent the past two days here at our house hanging out with you and I and I could not be any happier about it!  I surprised her yesterday and had a lady from Bella Salon and Day Spa come to the house and give her a spa pedicure...she was in heaven!  Then we just spent the rest of the day hanging out... and she was able to get around with a cane!  Today she came over to shower (since we have a walk in) and then she went with me to your doctor's appointment.  It just felt amazing having my mom out and about with me... I can not even count the number of times I cried because I missed being able to do things with her; your ma and I are VERY close and I just felt completely out of sorts having her so sick.  I usually talk to her several times throughout the day but she was just so sick she really wasn't even wanting to take phone calls.  After she got out of the emergency room this past weekend (for a possible blood clot - it turned out she was fine.) I called her and just started crying that I really missed her and we didn't have to talk about her health but I just needed to talk to her in general.  It was a very good talk and I am very glad that I had it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment