Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Baby...Happy Mommy

Lathan is almost SIX weeks...I can not even believe it. I have to go back to work in little over two weeks...I do not even want to think about it. It completely breaks my heart that I won't be able to spend my days with him...I hope he does not fall in love with his nanny and forget about his mama! :( :( :(


Lance started his new job this week and we both miss him...it has definitely been an adjustment not having him here. He seems to really enjoy it though..it makes me so happy to see him so proud of himself for his job...he never really had that sense of pride at the county but he has FINALLY gotten the pay and benefits he deserved. Like I said though, we definitely miss him at home during the day; I a lot of respect for single moms...I have no idea how they do it day-in and day-out. I am enjoying all the quality time with him but the way that boy eats...it's sometimes hard to get a whole lot done. He nurses for about an hour at a time and MAX every three hours... Sometimes it feels like I get a 20 minute break. Such a big boy! He is over ten pounds now! Yesterday morning, he was eating and just started to laugh right in the middle. I started to crack up...the boy loves his food! Its a joke that everytime he sees me he wants to eat and every time he sees Lance he goes to the bathroom. We joked he was going to hold it while Lance worked. Monday, that's exactly what happened! Lance walked in the door and said "Hey buddy!" He leaned over and kisses him...turned to walk away and all of a sudden...bowel movement!! Lance and I were in tears we were laughing so hard... He has stopped doing that since, now I have the wonderful privilege changing his stinky butt all day.


He has been sleeping AMAZING lately! He wakes up once...about 4:30 in the morning and then sleeps until about 8 and wants to eat again. Somedays him and I lay down again afterwards...we cuddle in our bed then...just for an hour or so. Lathan on one side and Rocky on the other.


We have spent the last few days with my mom and I have really enjoyed it! Tuesday, Lathan and I just hung out and watched TV with her. Yesterday, she had to babysit the girl's so we decided to surprise them! It was Justin Bieber's birthday and they just LOVE him so we threw him a birthday party! We had balloons, streamers, cake, and Justin tattoos...they thought that was pretty funny. Definitely a great memory! My mom just LOVES cuddling with Lathan...and I know why! He's such a good little snuggler! He wraps his long arms around your neck and just cuddles up to your neck. I can not get enough of him.


Kassidy tells everyone that Lathan is her brother...in fact, her preschool asked my sister who her new baby brother was! How stinking cute is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment