Friday, April 6, 2012

Well I turned 27 this week! 27 years old, married, with a baby. My oh my... I am a grown up! :) It was a great birthday...I took the afternoon off and spent it with my little man. We did a lot of cuddling and snuggling! :) That night I just spent the evening with Lance and Lathan - they bought me a new purse and we just had a wonderful night. Lance bought me a birthday card and "Lathan" wrote "Thank you for feeding me so good and thank you for all the kisses."lt was adorable! The next night I celebrated with my family... We went to a Japanese steakhouse and did cake and presents at my parents. It made me so happy to see my mom out and about... That was the best gift of all! Thursday, I went to dinner with my friends! It was a great few days!

Lathan is the happiest little baby! He just laughs and smiles all the time... It makes my heart melt! I love him so much! He really likes to play with his toys now - he has these toys hanging down from his car seat- a cow and pig- and he just flirts with the cow! He talks to it, laughs out loud at it, and then gets shy and smiles and looks away. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen! He just talks and babbles all the time; I can not get enough of that little voice.

I took off work Friday because I thought the little guy was starting to get a cold. He sounded very congested, was sort of fussy, and was eating 1 or 2 ounces rather than 4 or 5. When I took him to the doctor they said he had a little virus - lots of nasal congestion and a sore throat. Poor baby! :( Needless to say he got a lot of extra kisses and snuggles! We ran the humidifier, gave him a hot soothing vapor baby bath, rubbed Vicks Vapor rub on his chest, and used a nose spray for him. He seems to be doing better this morning... He is all curled up on my chest right now...snoring away! He is definitely trying to sleep off his cold.

When we were at the doctor's office, Lathan weighed 12 lbs 11 ounces! Holy cow! That's two pounds in three and a half weeks. That boy can EAT! I can not believe how fast he is growing and changing. He talks and plays so much... It is just so much fun. I love being a mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment